Thursday, November 22, 2007

Mystery Solved

My mom is a genius. Several weeks ago she suggested that perhaps all the random visits to our site from around the world were due to key words on our blog, such as Blue Bell Ice Cream, or Houston Temple. Well, turns out she was right!

Site Meter tells me that many reffering URLs for our blog include Google searches for none other than Blue Bell Ice Cream. See for yourself. Try out some recent searches that landed strangers on our site in a matter of 3 or 4 days:

Blue Bell Ice Cream Tours
Blueberry ice cream factory + brenham (we are the first two sites listed for this one!)
Blue Bell Ice cream factory Texas

Somehow this makes those visits less creepy. Thanks Site Meter.

7 comments:

Amelia said...

Les, you can change a setting so that search engines can't find your blog (so you can eliminate creepy visitors.) Go to settings, then click basic and change the setting that says "Let search engines find your blog?" to No. That should help fix it. I'm glad you figured out where all your weird visitors were coming from!

Lisa said...

Oh that is too funny. I'll have to see if mine is set that way!

jeff and alli said...

I never would have guessed that. Your mom is a genius.

Texas Harveys said...

You better add google ads to your site, you could be making millions...=]

Jean said...

That is so funny!! I love it. I wonder what random searches are turning up our blog too. :-)

Wendi said...

Haha! You guys were #1 for the second search that you suggested. Thats so funny! Speaking of ice cream... hmmm.

Sarah H said...

What a relief! i've seriously been thinking about that and worry what random people are looking at my blog. It's nice to know it's an innocent as ice cream.