Today we early voted. It was an interesting experience to use the electronic ballots. Even after a brief orientation on how to do it, I wasn't entirely confident that I could properly cast my ballot. But turns out it isn't so difficult.
It was interesting to have several candidates for local offices meet us in the parking lot and attempt to sway our vote. They were all pleasant, but it made me a little uncomfortable. Especially when the guy who took our photo asked us who we had voted for.
I was disappointed that the Texas primary and caucus were so late in the race. (yes, they do both. Texas must always be unique.) And therefore it was too late for my vote to do my candidate of choice any good. Still, it felt good to do our civic duty.
It was interesting to have several candidates for local offices meet us in the parking lot and attempt to sway our vote. They were all pleasant, but it made me a little uncomfortable. Especially when the guy who took our photo asked us who we had voted for.
I was disappointed that the Texas primary and caucus were so late in the race. (yes, they do both. Texas must always be unique.) And therefore it was too late for my vote to do my candidate of choice any good. Still, it felt good to do our civic duty.
6 comments:
You are such a BEAUTIFUL family! Something as simple as a snap shot of the three of you in the parking lot is adorable!!
I hope you realize how precious you, Scott and Ian are, and how much we all love you!!
Way to Vote!! SO, who did you vote for...JUST KIDDING!!! ;)
You guys look GREAT! Way to vote! Are you going to caucus too? How does that work?
I am still voting on May 7th even if I only have one choice on either side. Heck, I'd vote even if I only have one choice. I really like the stickers they give you. :)
The caucus won't be until next week during regular voting days, and we probably won't be able to participate. Here is a link to some more info on the Texas Two-Step, as they call is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Primary_%282008%29
LOL, you guys are soooo good! lol. Makes me feel bad! Such a cute little family!!!
Hooray for voting! I think that Colorado does primaries and caucuses too--I went to a caucus and it was CHAOS! I would've preferred a primary :)
I hated voting in Utah because I always felt it didn't matter. I think this is the first time that I felt like I 'made a difference.' But even when in Utah, I still liked taking advantage of my privilege to vote.
Post a Comment