The weekend after Ian and I returned from CA, the Larsons took a spur-of-the-moment trip to San Antonio. It was so much fun to go for no other reason than to be together and do whatever the heck we wanted! We stayed a night at the Residence Inn by Marriott, and I loved that our room had a full kitchen and a living room, even if we didn't actually use either. We were only a few minutes walking distance from both The Alamo and The Riverwalk.
We spent Friday night exploring the outside of The Alamo, and strolling The Riverwalk. We ate dinner on The Riverwalk at a place called the Republic of Texas. The food was terrible, but the restaraunts' name made it a worthy stop anyway. Saturday morning we ate the hotel's delicious hot breakfast (including Texas-shaped waffles), swam in the hotel pool, ate at a really good BBQ place (turns out Ian loves beef ribs and strawberry cream soda), and toured The Alamo. We noted The Alamo was in the very center of town, which seemed an odd place for it to be. Inside the walls of The Alamo are lots of garden paths, beautiful flowers and plants, and several fountains. There were also costumed demonstrators who showed us how to make bullets.
This really cool tree was just outside the walls of The Alamo

Outside The Alamo
On the way home, my incredibly kind husband agreed to go an hour out of our way to visit the San Marcos outlets. Overall, they were disappointingly similar to every other outlet mall I have ever been to. However, I did get two very nice soap dispensers for the master bath at Crate & Barrel, and Scott found the coolest lion laundry hamper for Ian.
Ian was a pretty good sport for the 3 hour drive each way. His favorite part of our trip was easily the cordless keyboard in our hotel room. He busied himself with typing and relocating the keyboard and typing some more.
This really cool tree was just outside the walls of The Alamo
Outside The Alamo
On the way home, my incredibly kind husband agreed to go an hour out of our way to visit the San Marcos outlets. Overall, they were disappointingly similar to every other outlet mall I have ever been to. However, I did get two very nice soap dispensers for the master bath at Crate & Barrel, and Scott found the coolest lion laundry hamper for Ian.
Ian was a pretty good sport for the 3 hour drive each way. His favorite part of our trip was easily the cordless keyboard in our hotel room. He busied himself with typing and relocating the keyboard and typing some more.
14 comments:
FUN!!! I need to come visit so that we can hit all of TX's awesome outlet malls. Or I could just move there and we could take lots of trips. Either way. :)
Sounds so fun! You'll have to get Sea World passes and head out with us sometime!
I love get aways! It looks like you guys had fun and what a good husband to take you to the outlets! Ian is so cute with the keyboard! I miss you guys!
Sounds like a fun trip. You know what would make scott's shirt cooler in the last picture - a cell phone with wings.
It looks fun. I've been trying to go to those same places with Justin. He keeps going by himself (well with othere pilots) and I went a while back with family. Glad you three could just be!
I'm glad you could make it there. We enjoyed our quick visit there when we came to see you in March. The River Walk was crowded but it was fun to see. Glad you could get away for a short time. Love Ya, Mom
What a fun trip!!
So I finally have been catching up on some blogging and I was so happy to hear you're pregnant! You look fabulous. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you.
Thanks for the nice comments on my blog!
Oh that sounds like fun. I hear such great things about San Antonio. And I should also tell you, Ian is getting cuter and cuter. :)
What a fun trip!! I love whisking away on little adventures. And I've actually been to those San Marcos outlets! I drove south from Austin one time during a business trip to eat at the Cracker Barrel there, and I totally didn't realize how far away it was. Haha!
Strawberry cream soda?!! YUM!
I love spontaneous getaways! It makes it more fun! Glad you had a fun family vacation, just because you wanted too :)
How fun! And Ian looks so tan and old. And you are looking so cute, I feel like I've been gone forever. I am coming back soon I promise.
Sounds like you had a fun trip! We went there last summer and had such a good time. Ya, I didn't know the Alamo was smack dab in the middle. Kinda weird. Also, I think we ate at the same place. Did it have a deck area that overlooked the Riverwalk? Ya, I remember the food not tasting great...but it was fun nonetheless (is that really one word?)
You are such a gorgeous family!! I love seeing you all together. You just radiate happiness and make me smile, every single time!!!
How fun to get out and take a trip together!
Lesley,
Thanks for the moving advice. I hope all is going well with your pregancy! Looks like you guys are living it up in Texas!
Post a Comment