Results from the Larson Family Pentathalon are in!
On Sunday night the first of the Larson Family Pentathalon games took place. It took two nights of Scrabbling to complete the event, mostly because the pregnant competitor had to go to bed before the game concluded.
The GOLD medal went to Lesley, with a Scrabble score of 354 points. Her shining moment came with the word "migrates", which was worth a whopping 81 points!
Scott took the SILVER medal with 275 points, and with only two tiles remaining at the end of the game.
5 comments:
YOU ROCK! I am so impressed. I am terrible at Scrabble. I always accidentally make up words and when I use real ones, they're never cooler than "cat" or "the." SO impressive!
I remember a certain LDS Institute Scrabble Tournament, where a certain Lesley Ogden drew a suspicious number of blank tiles. It seems that when this Lesley Ogden drew letters she didn't like, she simply flipped them over to create blank tiles. Talk about doping---she should have been banned from future competition!
How do I delete comments? :)
And it's not like that was an official "LDS Institute Event". So it wasn't as blatantly sinful as Allison B. makes it sound.
THIS game was played fair and square. Only two blanks were used, and neither of them was by me.
How fun! Paul and I have only played Scrabble once, and since it was Sunday we tried "Scripture Scrabble." I don't recommend it. Paul claims victory for spelling "Teancum," but that's only because he cheated by putting "tea" first, which I'm not sure is actually in the scriptures.
Hooray for smart family members! We love scrabble, but we can only play speed scrabble with our little ones. Marissa and Madi are fierce compettitors. You guys are in for quite the fight the next time around.
Post a Comment