Joseph's bedroom is finally really his. I started decorating it last fall in preparation for his first birthday and just finally finished all of the major parts. I definately learned some new skills with this endeavor as most of what you see are DIY projects.
Joseph's room has a window covering nearly an entire wall and it gets afternoon sun. I made the giraffe curtains with blackout backing that cover the entire window when closed. The curtain rod is a spray-painted 9' closet pole with finials on the end.
The name letters are plastic "canvases" from Target that I spray-painted and covered with scrapbook paper.
It was tough to find a shaggy rug in the right size in color. After ordering a few online that just weren't right, I found two large bathroom rugs that Scott and I attached to industrial carpeting with carpet tape, with this as the result. The shag hides the seam entirely. It is exactly what I wanted and feels so good under bare feet!

I love paper lanterns and I was really happy to find them in the right colors for his room. Every morning he points to them and exclaims "baaaawaaaahs!" (balls) and points to one cluster of lanterns and then the other, back and forth.
Ikea frames with scrapbook paper backing and an animal cut out of... you guessed it, more scrapbook paper. There is an elephant, a giraffe and a bear. Joseph insists the giraffe one is a "goggie" (dog)
Scott got that cute little elephant for Joseph for Christmas. Joseph does an adorable impression of an elephant -- he lifts one arm out in front of him (like a trunk) while blowing a raspberry.
It is fun to have another room finished and I love that it turned out well under budget.
25 comments:
Lesley!!!!! I love it! Love it! Love it! Seriously, you have mad skills! And the rug! You should be on TV for that. Don't be surprised if I steal the idea. Genius!
I want that room... for me. I would be very happy sleeping in there.
BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Lesley! I LOVE all your design ideas! No more hiding! J/K :) Really though, whenever you include pictures of the boys on your blog and I see the background of your gorgeous home, I always think, "oooohh pretty...I want to see more!" You are SO CREATIVE! Look at all these cool and resourceful projects. I love the way you put the rugs together, and the letters, and oh, I love it all.
I totally agree with Abbie and Tiffany. A) You are so talented. B) You totally pull off the CUTE factor while it still making it look so sophisticated.
Great job :)
Sophisticated, cute, classy & manly... that's how I'd describe this room. You are amazing!
Wow! Lesley, you guys are awesome at decorating. I love it! When or if we ever get a house, will you please come over and help me decorate?!
I LOVE it!! Looks like a room out of a magazine!! Amazing!!
Lesley, I absolutely LOVE it. Every single part. I want those giraffe curtains so bad. You have so much style. Love it!
That is AMAZING! I am so impressed!! That is seriously so beautiful. I love the African safari theme. And that rug is gorgeous. Can I hire you and Abbie to decorate my future home (assuming I have a future home)?
come and help me redo my house next k? I love it.
Wow. I am so lacking in talent when it comes to decorating. Do you want to come decorate my house?
Um, that is amazing. I am so inspired to redo my boys' room which has been going steadily down hill ever since they got their own possessions, art work, ideas, toys, art work...
Maybe I'll stick with Hannah's room while I still have time.
The only thing the room is missing is Grandma. You have done a great job. Congratulations!
Love ya!
I LOVE this room! You did such a great job! I need you to help me with the boys! PLEASE!!! I'm afraid it'll look like a train wreck :)
SO CUTE!!! Lesley, I love it!!! I love the colors, and all the DIY decor. Nice job! I remember having so much trouble finding baby-room decor when I was putting Weston's room together, and it didn't occur to me until the very end that I could totally MAKE my own things to hang on the wall. Haha! Anyway, I especially love your lanterns and the name plates!!
You're so talented! Will you come decorate my house??? It's still so bare. Where do you get the backing for the curtains?
I am very impressed. I love it! You are inspiring me to do something with Noah's boring room.
That looks amazing. Will you come decorate our nursery? We are painting it purple tomorrow. It is my first time painting ever. I actually really LOVE how you did his name and want to copy you. Will you send me more details on how to do it?
Oh my goodness this is awesome! SEriously. I need some help when it comes to decorating...wish you lived by me.
That's amazing! It looks really great!
That is so awesome. It looks absolutely fabulous!!
Nice work. I might have to ask you for advice when I do a project like that.
Thanks for the comment on my blog about our style...that means A LOT coming from someone with infinitely better style :) If we move to Houston (Scott is keeping an eye out for a job for Jeff, right?!?) I'll definitely be hiring you to decorate our house. I love every picture I see of your house. You sure have talent :)
That is awesome!!! You did a great job, lol, I wonder where you got those skills from???? So wonderful. I bet he LOVES the room! So much fun. You have such great talent!!!!
It looks beautiful!! Great work - very impressed!!
So crafty- good job Lesley!
Post a Comment